DTP President Dan Koken on Daybreak, Channel 2 on KWGN
Denver Test Prep President and Founder, Dan Koken, was on Channel 2 news to share a few tips on getting ready for finals. Check out the video below!
Key tips shared to help students get ready for final exams include the following:
- Know the exam structure and what will be tested
- Big difference between multiple choice, matching, short response, and essay.
- Talk with your teacher about the best resources to use for studying.
- Start studying early
- Cramming for multiple finals is difficult
- Start early by building a plan
- Beginning early lets you be strategic about your time/energy investment
- Form a study group
- 3 to 4 students max
- Group needs structure; have a goal when you study
- Choose your group and location carefully to make sure you’re going to actually study
- Everyone has a responsibility to each other: push each other to succeed.
- Get quizzed frequently
- Turn your study guide into a quiz or test
- Too many students simply “consume” material; make sure you “produce” the material like you’ll be asked to do on test day.
- Retrieval = Learning
- Make sure you’re getting enough sleep before finals so you’re fresh on test day